The Government of New Brunswick takes the privacy of its Internet users seriously. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our users while providing a personalized and valuable service. This Privacy Statement explains the website data processing practices of the Government of New Brunswick website.
Information Collected: Non-Personal
The moment you visit our website, some non-personal information is collected by the Government of New Brunswick and its various departments and agencies. We collect information automatically about your visit to our website. The information collected includes basic demographic data and browsing patterns. It is used only in aggregate form. We use aggregate information (so that no individual user is identified):
- to build up audience profiles;
- to aid strategic development, and
- to analyze use of the website.
- We also collect personal information through enquiry forms and every time you e-mail us your details.
Information Collected: Personal
All personal information acquired by the Government of New Brunswick in any format, including electronic, is governed and maintained according to policies and procedures in accordance with the Right to Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We only collect personal information through application forms, enquiry forms and e-mails. This personal information must be divulged by you - it is not 'gleaned' from your computer.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
The Government of New Brunswick processes personal information collected via its public website for the purposes of:
- providing a personalized service;
- receiving enquiries and requests for information;
- providing you with information about the resources and services available;
- receiving your opinions and comments regarding various government activities.
- The Government of New Brunswick will not disclose your personal information to any outside parties without your prior consent.
E-mail Query Forms
Many web pages include links to e-mail query forms, where you may ask specific questions relating to any portion of the Government of New Brunswick website. The information submitted in these forms is sent by unencrypted e-mail from our web server, via the Internet, to the appropriate e-mail mailbox within the government responsibility area.
Public Comment Forms
Public Comment Forms often are used to complement a public consultation process to receive input, ideas, comments and suggestions on specific government initiatives, programs and/or legislative or regulatory matters. The information submitted in these forms is transmitted in one of two ways (through your selection):
- 1) unencrypted e-mail from our web server, via the Internet, to the appropriate e-mail mailbox within the government responsibility area, and/or
- 2) by using a 'post to website' public comment form, where the data is transmitted unencrypted and then authorized for posting to the public website.
Links in the Website
The Government of New Brunswick website sometimes provides links to other websites. In most cases, links to other websites will open in a new browser window. Please note that you are clicking to ANOTHER website and content and privacy standards therefore are not under the control of the Government of New Brunswick. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of these linked sites as their policies may differ from the Government of New Brunswick.
Contacting the Website
Should you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, please contact:
P.O. Box 6000,
Fredericton, NB, E3B 1P8, Canada
tel.: +(1) 506-453-2012
fax: +(1) 506-453-2266