Nursing students in New Brunswick
New Brunswick’s healthcare system offers a wide variety of health services and many opportunities to develop your career and pursue your passion for healthcare. We encourage you to explore the job opportunities currently available for nurses in New Brunswick.
Nurses play a vital role in the healthcare system and provide care and support in a variety of settings. Are you interested in becoming a nurse?
STUDENTS INTERESTED IN NURSING HAVE A VARIETY OF OPTIONS IN NEW BRUNSWICK:
Nursing education and training
New Brunswick is home to nursing training programs offered by the following education institutions.
University of New Brunswick (UNB) offers the following nursing program pathways:
- Undergraduate programs. UNB Fredericton: Undergraduate Programs | Faculty of Nursing | UNB
- Bachelor of Nursing (4-year program)
- Bachelor of Nursing Accelerated Program (2-year program), Moncton site
- High School to Accelerated Bachelor of Nursing Program (3-year program)
- Recruitment of Indigenous nursing students: Pathways to Nursing | Nutsihpiluwewicik | UNB
- Graduate programs. UNB’s Master of Nursing (MN) program offers two streams: Graduate Programs | Faculty of Nursing | UNB
- Nurse Practitioner stream
- Thesis/Report stream
- Undergraduate program. UNB Saint John: Nursing at the UNB Saint John campus | UNB
- Bachelor of Nursing
- LPN to BN Bridge Program
L’Université de Moncton offers the following nursing program pathways in French:
- Undergraduate program (1er cycle): Overview | UMoncton
- Bachelor of Nursing / Baccalauréat en science infirmière, offered in full at campuses in: Bathurst, Edmundston, and Moncton
- LPN to BN Bridge program; Passerelle : Programme d’études | Secteur science infirmière (umoncton.ca)
- Graduate programs; Moncton campus (Cycles supérieurs) :
- Nurse Practitioner stream
- Master’s program thesis
Beal University: GNB partnered with Beal University in neighboring Maine to provide more opportunities for students to receive training sooner.
Oulton College: Oulton College received conditional designation for the new Bachelor of Science in Nursing program. (Preliminary approval)
STUDENTS FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS:
Loans, grants, and bursaries are available to help access and pay for your post-secondary education. Nursing students can find a variety of programs through the Province of New Brunswick Students Financial Services Canada Student Loan and New Brunswick Student Loan (gnb.ca).
There is also student loan forgiveness available for nurses: Apply for Canada Student Loan Forgiveness for Family Doctors and Nurses – Overview – Canada.ca.
Step Up to Nursing Initiative: Workplace-based, wage-supported learning model where participants will work part-time in the healthcare system while completing one of two program streams: from personal support worker (PSW) to licensed practical nurse (LPN) or from licensed practical nurse (LPN) to registered nurse (RN).
Other financial support: