THE POSITION: Ophthalmology
Horizon Health Network, Saint John area (Region 2), is actively seeking a full-time comprehensive Ophthalmologist.
The Division of Ophthalmology consists of five (5) ophthalmologists who participate in a collegial call group. The successful candidate will have Royal College of Canada fellowship in Ophthalmology. An ideal skill set would include comprehensive ophthalmology training with proficiency in anterior segment surgery including cataract and glaucoma procedures, strabismus surgery, and basic eyelid procedures. Medical ophthalmic practice would include adult eye care, as well as basic pediatric ophthalmology including ROP screening.
Horizon has an annual budget of approximately $1.1 billion and has more than 12,600 employees, 1,100 physicians and 5,200 volunteers, auxiliary and alumnae members, as well as 17 foundations and 18 auxiliary and alumnae organizations. Horizon ensures representation from urban and rural areas through a 15-member Board that consists of 7 appointed and 8 elected members of the public.
HOURS OF WORK:
- Hours of work are normally provided between 0830hrs – 1630hrs Monday to Friday, unless otherwise agreed upon by the Service/Department Head.
- After-hours and weekend call coverage in coordination with members of the Department.
Standard remuneration is Fee-for-Service which is a direct compensation between the physician and Medicare of New Brunswick. On call remuneration is fee for service. No source deductions can be provided.
- Candidates may be eligible for a Provincial Recruitment Incentive with a Return of Service agreement.
- Moving Expense Allowance with a Return of Service.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
A playground in Atlantic Canada surrounded by fresh waterways on one side and the ocean on the other.
With a community of Maritime and Acadian people whose rich friendly culture will include you.
To a community where families are able to raise their children in a safe, close-knit environment with a reasonable cost of living.
The Saint John area offers you a broad range of affordable housing options, from heritage properties to executive homes within the city and in nearby Kennebecasis Valley. Saint John, a booming harbor city is Canada's oldest incorporated city (1785) and home to the country's oldest museum and farmers' market. For spouses and families, there are excellent employment and educational prospects. The nearby towns and villages, such as St. Stephen, Sussex, and Grand Manan, provide a diverse selection of recreational and sport activities that appeal to all age groups.
- A medical degree is required.
- Certification with the Royal College of Canada in Ophthalmology. Consideration will be given to other University Medical School qualifications and training.
- Candidates must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick.
- Proficiency in English is required. Bilingualism is considered an asset.
- In accordance with immigration requirements, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Good attendance and work record.
- Physically able to perform assigned duties.