Salaried Family Physician Opportunity
Horizon Health Network is seeking a full time (0.6 FTE) salaried Family Physician to join the Gibson Health Clinic (GHC) which is a collaborative care practice staffed by physicians, nurses, LPNs, and a nurse practitioner who work in a team to ensure that patients receive primary care from the most appropriate provider. As a primary care family physician in a collaborative practice, the physician will deliver care appropriate to inpatient and outpatient services and work within an interdisciplinary team to provide family centered primary care that emphasizes health promotion, disease and injury prevention, chronic disease management and client education. The physician provides primary care functions to clients across the lifespan and participates in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs and services for individuals, families and the community.
Family physicians establishing a full-time community-based primary care practice in the Greater Fredericton region, provide comprehensive family medicine services to patients and participate in the on-call rota of the Department of Family Practice at the Dr. Everett Chalmers Regional Hospital through one of the call groups.
Horizon Health Network, www.horizonnb.ca, is the largest health-care organization in Atlantic Canada, operating 12 hospitals and more than 100 medical facilities, clinics and offices providing medical services ranging from acute care to community based health services to New Brunswick, northern Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. With 1,000 physicians, an annual budget exceeding $1 billion and approximately 13,000 employees, Horizon Health Network’s strategic vision focuses on research, innovation and education.
HOURS OF WORK
Weekdays as well as weekend, holiday or after hours responsibilities
- Perform clinical duties including but not restricted to seeing and assessing both scheduled and unscheduled patients for routine health and illness care, prescribing treatment, consults, referral to other healthcare professionals as required and appropriate follow-up to patients across the lifespan.
- Provide inpatient care including daily rounds on patients or weekly rounds if working in a hospitalist call group model.
- Provide family-centered primary care by taking into account risk factors (environmental, social, psychological and medical) in a manner which can be understood by the patient, and when applicable, his/her family.
- Maintain a minimum patient caseload of 1200 patients per year. Takes over existing patient caseload and adheres to the Accountability Benchmarks.
- Participate in the use of departmental and corporate evidence-based rules of practice to ensure that expected standards of care are achieved.
- Participate in medical practice that is compatible with the Health Authority’s mission, values and strategic directions.
- Participate in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of treatment, education, counseling and health promotion programs, disease and injury prevention and chronic disease management programs and services for individuals, families and the community.
- Participate in after hours on-call coverage in coordination with other medical staff ensuring provisions are made for continual coverage of patient caseload during times when you are absent from your practice.
- Participate in Medical Staff and Hospital Committees as required
- Other professional medical work falling within the scope of practice that may arise by circumstance may be assigned by the Vice President-Medical Affairs, Chief of Staff or Head of Family Practice in conversation with the Physician.
- Attend appropriate CPD events as required to maintain membership in the CFPC or equivalent to those requirements.
- Participate in physician meetings and appropriate team meetings
- Comply with the policies and procedures of the Department of Family Practice
- Comply with the provisions of the Hospital Act, the Regional Health Authorities Act, Medical Services Payment Act and their regulations.
- Comply with the Health Authority bylaws, rules and regulations and policies and procedures.
- Follow the Code of Ethics of College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick
Remuneration is salaried based on a 0.6 FTE. Range between: $109,761 - $ 119,808
- Moving Expense Allowance
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
Fredericton, New Brunswick’s capital is an energetic city having much to offer individuals as well as families. Fredericton has a vibrant francophone population offering; schooling from daycare to high school, sporting activities, movies and a Health Centre making Fredericton a wonderful location to live. The city also offers many recreational activities such as water sports on the majestic St. John River, golfing (7 golf courses), walking, running or biking on various trails, playing tennis (indoor or outdoor courts,) skiing and snowboarding at Crabbe Mountain, ultimate Frisbee, Art Galleries including the world renown Beaverbrook Art Gallery, live theatre at the Playhouse, numerous festivals such as the Annual Music Festival and the Harvest Jazz and Blues Festival, Frostival in the winter months, a free outdoor skating rink in the heart of the city, Fredericton’s famous Boyce Farmer’s Market, Science East where children and children at heart are taught the basics of science in a fun and entertaining setting, Fredericton captures it all.
- Must hold a valid license to practice medicine in the Province of New Brunswick
- Must be a member in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick.
- Must have current malpractice insurance from the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) appropriate to the category of practice.
- CCFP certification preferred.
- Certified in BCLS (Basic cardiac life support) and ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Sup)ort(, preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Good attendance and work record.
- Physically able to perform assign duties.
Applicants are invited to forward their CV along with three references to Denise Coulombe, Physician Recruitment Officer at Denise.Coulombe@horizonnb.ca