Infectious Diseases Opportunity
The Moncton Hospital, a facility within Horizon Health Network, is recruiting an Infectious Disease Specialist. The hospital functions as a tertiary referral center for Infectious Diseases for Eastern New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island, and is the principal HIV referral center for the Province.
Horizon Health Network, www.horizonnb.ca, is the largest health-care organization in Atlantic Canada, operating 12 hospitals and more than 100 medical facilities, clinics and offices providing medical services ranging from acute care to community based health services to New Brunswick, northern Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. With 1,000 physicians, an annual budget exceeding $1 billion and approximately 13,000 employees, Horizon Health Network’s strategic vision focuses on research, innovation and education.
The Moncton Hospital is a 386-bed tertiary and critical care facility within Horizon Health Network. It is a major referral hospital which serves communities throughout New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and northern Nova Scotia. Most major services and subspecialties are available: general surgery (including hepatobiliary), thoracic surgery, vascular surgery, interventional radiology, major orthopedics, neurosurgery and neuroradiology, ENT, urology, high risk obstetrics (approximately 1400 deliveries per year), gynecology and plastic surgery (including burns). The Moncton Hospital is a level 2 provincial referral trauma center. The intensive care unit has a 10 bed medical-surgery unit and 6 bed neurosurgical unit.
The Moncton Hospital offers excellent opportunities for teaching and clinical research and has academic affiliation with Dalhousie University. The hospital is one of the largest employers within metro Moncton, employing 3,000 staff and physicians.
HOURS OF WORK
• Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• On-call coverage in coordination with the other members of the Department
A typical weekly schedule will include:
- On-call coverage in coordination with other members of the Department
- Daily inpatient rounds
- Inpatient consultations
- Hospital-based clinics
- Office hours
- Involvement in teaching residents and medical students
- NCIC affiliated and opportunities exist for research
Standard remuneration is fee-for-service which is a direct compensation between the physician and Medicare of New Brunswick. No source deductions can be provided. However, under special circumstances, with approval from the Department of Health of New Brunswick, a salaried model may be available. This may range between a minimum of $221,078 to a maximum of $268,788 annually (excluding benefits and source deductions) based on qualifications and experience. Locums receive 10% in lieu of benefits. On call remuneration is fee for service.
- Moving expenses as per the provincial policy
- Opportunity to teach with the Family Medicine Residency Training Program with faculty appointment with Dalhousie Medical School, https://medicine.dal.ca/
EXPECTED START DATE:
As soon as possible.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
The city, with adjoining municipalities, has a population of more than 144,000 and was ranked as one of the best Canadian cities for quality of community life. It is in the “top ten affordable cities in North America”, the only one in Canada. There is an abundance of educational, cultural and recreational opportunities including easy access to warm water beaches of the Northumberland Strait, and also the scenic Bay of Fundy area. It is a bilingual city that offers educational opportunities in both official languages. Visit the City’s website at www.moncton.ca.
- The Department of Internal Medicine requires that its members practicing have passed the examinations of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or the examination of la Corporation professionnelle des médecins du Québec. In circumstances where no Canadian trained applicants are available, the Department will consider physicians with American Boards who are able to obtain licensure in the State of Main. In special circumstances, foreign graduates who qualify for licensure in the Province of New Brunswick will be considered.
- Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick. https://www.cpsnb.org/