Fredericton Diagnostic Imaging, a 9 member practice based at the Dr. Everett Chalmers Regional Hospital in Fredericton, New Brunswick is seeking a confident, hard-working and team oriented radiologist as a full-time, permanent member.
Proficiency in general radiography, US (including OB), CT, and MR is required. Basic technical procedural proficiency (arthrograms, basic biopsy and drainage under image guidance) is also necessary. Breast imaging, interventional radiology and/or nuclear medicine would be an asset. We are a busy practice that takes pride in providing high quality radiology services to the people of the City of Fredericton and surrounding areas. We offer flexible vacation and long-term job security.
Candidates should be qualified to work in Canada.
The Chalmers Hospital is a regional referral hospital with all major surgical services on site with the exception of cardiac and neurosurgery. With 314 beds and a 9-bed closed intensive care unit, the Chalmers Hospital serves a catchment population of approximately 175,000.
Horizon Health Network, www.horizonnb.ca, is the largest health-care organization in Atlantic Canada, operating 12 hospitals and more than 100 medical facilities, clinics and offices providing medical services ranging from acute care to community based health services to New Brunswick, northern Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. With 1,000 physicians, an annual budget exceeding $1 billion and approximately 13,000 employees, Horizon Health Network’s strategic vision focuses on research, innovation and education.
HOURS OF WORK
• Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
• On-call coverage - equally distributed within the group
• General radiology practice including fluoroscopy, Xray, USG, CT, MRI, Nuclear medicine, Interventional
Radiology, breast radiology, with duties as assigned by department roster.
• Participate in an equally shared on-call rotation.
• Practice in a collaborative fashion as a member of an interdisciplinary team and consult with members of other health professions as appropriate.
• Participate in the use of departmental and corporate evidence-based rules of practice to ensure that
expected standards of care are achieved.
• Participate in medical practice that is compatible with the Health Authority’s mission, values and strategic
• Other duties that may arise by circumstance and may be assigned by the Chief of Radiology.
(Note: These responsibilities are the basic and prime duties associated with this position; other related and allied duties may be assigned from time to time as may be necessary to the operation of Horizon Health Network.)
• Attend appropriate continuing professional development events to meet the requirements of the Royal
College and, in particular, to remain current in the field of radiology.
• Comply with the policies and procedures of the Department of Radiology.
• Comply with the provisions of the Hospital Act, the Regional Health Authorities Act, Community Health
Centre Regulation, the Medical Services Payment Act, and their regulations.
• Comply with the Health Authority bylaws, rules and regulations, and policies and procedures.
• Follow the Code of Ethics of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick and the Canadian
Remuneration is Fee for Service with a range between $400,000 to $600,000 annually.
• Moving Expense Allowance
EXPECTED START DATE:
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
Fredericton, New Brunswick’s capital is an energetic city having much to offer individuals as well as families. Being an officially bilingual province, Fredericton has a vibrant francophone population. Le Centre communautaire Sainte-Anne houses schooling from daycare to high school, various sporting activities, weekly francophone movies, happy hours with local francophone entertainment and a Health Centre making Fredericton a wonderful location to live. The city also offers many recreational activities such as enjoying water sports on the majestic St. John River, playing a round of golf on one of the 7 golf courses, walking, running or biking on various trails, playing tennis in our indoor or outdoor courts, skiing and snowboarding at Crabbe Mountain, joining an ultimate Frisbee team, to visiting the beautiful Art Galleries including the world renown Beaverbrook Art Gallery, taking in live theatre at the Playhouse, being entertained by numerous festivals such as the Annual Music Festival and the Harvest Jazz and Blues Festival, Frostival in the winter months, a free outdoor skating rink in the heart of the city, Fredericton’s famous Boyce Farmer’s Market, Science East where children and children at heart are taught the basics of science in a fun and entertaining setting, Fredericton captures it all.
• Must possess FRCP(C) or equivalent
• Must hold a valid license to practice medicine in the Province of New Brunswick
• Must be a member in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick.
• Must have current malpractice insurance from the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) appropriate to the category of practice.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills. Good attendance and work record.
• Physically able to perform assigned duties.
Horizon Health Network adheres to all privacy legislation and policies to ensure confidential patient, business, financial and employee information is disclosed only to those authorized to receive it for the purpose of fulfilling their job duties.