Family Physician Opportunity – Doaktown, New Brunswick
The Central Miramichi Community Health Centre is a Multidiscipline facility consisting of physicians, nurses, an LPN, Nurse practitioners, a Social Worker, Dietitian, Physiotherapist and Respiratory Therapist who work as a team to ensure that patients receive primary care from the most appropriate provider. As a primary care family physician in this setting, the physician will deliver care appropriate to outpatient services and work within an interdisciplinary team to provide family centered primary care that emphasizes health promotion, disease and injury prevention, chronic disease management and client education.
The physician provides primary care functions to clients across the lifespan and participates in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs and services for individuals, families and the community.
The physician reports to the Clinic Manager or designate for operational issues of the Clinic and to the Chief of Family Practice or designate for clinical care and medical quality issues.
Horizon Health Network, www.horizonnb.ca, is the largest health-care organization in Atlantic Canada, operating 12 hospitals and more than 100 medical facilities, clinics and offices providing medical services ranging from acute care to community based health services to New Brunswick, northern Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. With 1,000 physicians, an annual budget exceeding $1 billion and approximately 13,000 employees, Horizon Health Network’s strategic vision focuses on research, innovation and education.
The Central Miramichi Community Health Centre (CMCHC) provides primary health care services, illness and injury prevention, chronic disease management and community development services, using a Population Health approach. CMCHC is made up of a team of health care providers who are all about working together in a collaborative practice with community participation, and patient-centred care.
HOURS OF WORK
Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (variable)
• Performs clinical duties including but not restricted to seeing and assessing scheduled and unscheduled patients for routine and illness care, prescribing treatment, consults, referral to other healthcare professionals as required, making home/hospital visits as necessary and appropriate follow-up to patients across the lifespan.
• Provide family-centered primary care by taking into account risk factors (environmental, social, psychological and medical) in a manner which can be understood by the client, and when applicable, their families.
• Practice in a collaborative fashion as a member of an interdisciplinary team and consult with members of other health professions as appropriate.
• Participate in the use of departmental and corporate evidence-based rules of practice to ensure that expected standards of care are achieved.
• Participate in medical practice that is compatible with the Health Authority’s mission, values and strategic directions.
• Participate in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of treatment, education, counseling and CHC health promotion programs and services for individuals, families and the community.
• Participate in after-hours on-call coverage in coordination with other medical staff to ensure provision is made for continual coverage of patient caseload during times when you are absent from your practice.
• Maintain a minimum patient caseload of 1500 patients.
• Participate in CHC team meetings/conferences.
• Participate, by consensus of medical staff and in coordination with the Nurse Manager in
• teaching and supervision of medical students and residents
• teaching, mentoring and providing a resource to Nurse Practitioners, students and other health care professionals.
• Provide a minimum of thirty-seven and one-half (37.5) hours of work per week, except during approved statutory holidays, vacation, education and sick leave
• Other duties that may arise by circumstance and may be assigned by the Administrative Director and/or the Chief of Family Practice.
Note: These responsibilities are the basic and prime duties associated with this position; other related and allied duties may be assigned from time to time as may be necessary to the operation of Horizon Health Network.
• Attend appropriate CPD events as required to maintain membership in the CFPC or equivalent to those requirements.
• Comply with the policies and procedures of the Department of Family Practice.
• Comply with the provisions of the Hospital Act, the Regional Health Authorities Act, the Medical Services Payment Act, and their regulations.
• Comply with the Health Authority bylaws, rules and regulations, and policies and procedures.
• Follow the Code of Ethics of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick.
Remuneration will be a daily salaried rate and/or fee for services billings submitted directly to New Brunswick Medicare or a combination thereof, depending on specialty, qualifications and licensure by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick.
• Moving Expense Allowance
EXPECTED START DATE:
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
The Village of Doaktown is situated almost in the middle of Route 8 (The Miramichi River Route) which cuts diagonally through the center of New Brunswick and is one of the oldest numbered routes in the Province. Approximately 45 minutes to the southwest is the City of Fredericton, the Provincial Capital, while 45 minutes to the northeast is the City of Miramichi. Using Route 126, we are about two hours away from the City of Moncton and about 2½ hours from the City of Saint John.
If you are looking for a wonderful inviting environment to practice in a Rural Community that is set on the beautiful Miramichi River known worldwide for their Salmon fishing and Hunting opportunities then this is the perfect site for you. Visit the City’s website at http://www.discoverdoaktown.com/
• Must hold a valid license to practice medicine in the Province of New Brunswick
• Must be a member in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick.
• Must have current malpractice insurance from the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) appropriate to the category of practice.
• Must be certified in CPR and ACLS.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
• Good attendance and work record.
• Physically able to perform assigned duties.
Applicants are invited to forward their CV along with three references to Denise Coulombe, Physician Recruitment Officer at Denise.Coulombe@horizonNB.ca