The Moncton Hospital, a facility within Horizon Health Network, is recruiting an Endocrinologist or Internal Medicine Specialist with equivalent expertise and practice. Services include an active diabetes clinic with three full time nurses including a certified insulin pump instructor, two full time dietitians, a part time social worker and a part time pharmacist. Call will be shared with the 27 specialists in the Department of Internal Medicine.
Horizon Health Network, www.horizonnb.ca, is one of the largest health-care organizations in Atlantic Canada, operating 12 hospitals and more than 100 medical facilities, clinics and offices providing medical services ranging from acute care to community-based health services to New Brunswick, northern Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. With 1,000 physicians, an annual budget exceeding $1 billion and approximately 13,000 employees, Horizon Health Network’s strategic vision focuses on research, innovation and education.
The Moncton Hospital is a 386-bed, tertiary and critical care facility within Horizon Health Network. It is a major referral hospital serving communities across New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and northern Nova Scotia. It is a level II Trauma Centre. Surgical specialties include hepatobiliary, thoracic, neurosurgery, head and neck, breast and orthopedic. Significant volumes of gastrointestinal, skin, lymph node and bone marrow biopsies, cytology and autopsies are also seen.
The Moncton Hospital offers excellent opportunities for teaching and clinical research and has academic affiliation with Dalhousie University and Memorial University. The hospital is one of the largest employers within metro Moncton, employing 3,000 staff and physicians.
A salaried model of remuneration is available. This may range between a minimum of $241,748 to a maximum of $293,904 annually (excluding benefits and source deductions) based on qualifications and experience. Locums receive 10% in lieu of benefits. On call remuneration is fee for service.
- Moving expenses as per the provincial policy.
- $50,000 incentives for candidates in an urban area (based on criteria updated regularly and approved by the Department of Health)
- Opportunity to teach with the Family Medicine Residency Training Program and the Department of Pathology with faculty appointment with Dalhousie Medical School, https://medicine.dal.ca/ and/or the Department of Pathology with faculty appointment with Memorial University of Newfoundland, https://www.mun.ca.
EXPECTED START DATE:
As soon as possible
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
The city, with adjoining municipalities, has a population of more than 152,000, and was ranked as one of the best Canadian cities for quality of community life. There is an abundance of educational, cultural and recreational opportunities including easy access to warm water beaches of the Northumberland Strait, and also the scenic Bay of Fundy area. Visit the City’s website at www.moncton.ca. at www.moncton.ca.
- The Department of Internal Medicine requires that its members practicing Endocrinology or Internal Medicine have passed the examinations of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or the examination of la Corporation professionnelle des médecins du Québec. In circumstances where no Canadian trained applicants are available, the Department will consider physicians with American Boards who are able to obtain licensure in the State of Main. In special circumstances, foreign graduates who qualify for licensure in the Province of New Brunswick will be considered.
- Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick. https://www.cpsnb.org/