NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
ZONE: Zone 1B - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT: Inpatient units
CLASSIFICATION: Hospitalist Physician
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
Working hours 2 weeks out of 4 and will have to take orphan patients.
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Reporting to the Family Medicine Department Head and the medical director responsible for the sector, the hospitalist physician provides general medical care to patients admitted to the hospital. The hospitalist physician’s duties include medical services related to the diagnosis and treatment of illnesses and may require working closely with various health professionals.
- Degree from a recognized medical school and residency leading to licensure in family medicine;
- A recognized medical school is a school that meets the following criterion;
- Accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Canadian Medical Schools (CACMS) or the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) (in the United States) OR Listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools with a note for Canada under the Sponsor Notes tab;
- Experience (one to three years) considered an asset;
- Any other combination of training and experience deemed relevant and equivalent may be considered;
- Organizational skills;
- Ability to communicate with colleagues, clients and visitors with tact and courtesy;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, the Network’s management philosophy and organizational values;
- Adherence to the Network’s confidentiality rules;
- Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The salary for this position is fee-for-service..
- Moving expenses allowance.
- This job is also posted on NBhealthjobs.
- For more information about Vitalite Health Network, please visit the Network’s website.
- For more information about the community, please visit the city's website https://www.moncton.ca/
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.