Salaried Family Physician Opportunity – Fredericton Northside Community Health Clinic - Fredericton, New Brunswick
Horizon Health Network is seeking full time (0.6 FTE) and part-time salaried Family Physicians to join the Fredericton Northside Community Health Clinic (FNCHC) which is a collaborative care practice staffed by 7 physicians and 3 nurse practitioners who work in a team with other allied health care workers to ensure that patients receive primary care from the most appropriate provider. Those allied health care workers include a social worker, a registered dietitian, a respiratory therapist, a licensed clinical therapist, among a team of registered nurses, licenced practical nurses, and an administrative support staff. Services at the clinic include bloodwork, ECG machine, complex wound care, breast feeding education, and a variety of sexual health exams and services such as IUD removal, insertions and biopsy exams.
As a primary care family physician in a collaborative practice, the physician will deliver care and work within the interdisciplinary team to provide family centered primary care that emphasizes health promotion, disease and injury prevention, chronic disease management and client education. The physician provides primary care functions to clients across the lifespan and participates in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs and services for individuals, families and the community.
Family physicians establishing a full-time community-based primary care practice in the Greater Fredericton region, provide comprehensive family medicine services to patients
with the Department of Family Practice at the Dr. Everett Chalmers Regional Hospital through one of the call groups.
Horizon Health Network (www.horizonnb.ca) is the largest regional health authority in New Brunswick and the second-largest health authority in Atlantic Canada, operating 12 hospitals and more than 100 medical facilities, clinics and offices providing medical services ranging from acute care to community based health services to New Brunswick, northern Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. With 1,000 physicians, an annual budget exceeding $1 billion and approximately 13,000 employees, Horizon Health Network’s strategic vision focuses on research, innovation and education.
HOURS OF WORK
Weekdays as well as weekend, holiday or after hours responsibilities
· Perform clinical duties including but not restricted to seeing and assessing both scheduled and unscheduled patients for routine health and illness care, prescribing treatment, consults, referral to other healthcare professionals as required and appropriate follow-up to patients across the lifespan.
· Providing inpatient care including daily rounds on patients or weekly rounds if working in a hospitalist call group model is optional.
· Provide family-centered primary care by taking into account risk factors (environmental, social, psychological and medical) in a manner which can be understood by the patient, and when applicable, his/her family.
· Participate in the use of departmental and corporate evidence-based rules of practice to ensure that expected standards of care are achieved.
· Participate in medical practice that is compatible with the Health Authority’s mission, values and strategic directions.
· Participate in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of treatment, education, counseling and health promotion programs, disease and injury prevention and chronic disease management programs and services for individuals, families and the community.
· Participate in after hours on-call coverage in coordination with other medical staff ensuring provisions are made for continual coverage of patient caseload during times when you are absent from your practice.
· Participate in Medical Staff and Hospital Committees as required
· Other professional medical work falling within the scope of practice that may arise by circumstance may be assigned by the Vice President-Medical Affairs, Chief of Staff or Head of Family Practice in conversation with the Physician.
Note: These responsibilities are the basic and prime duties associated with this position; other related and allied duties may be assigned from time to time as may be necessary to the operation of Horizon Health
· Attend appropriate CPD events as required to maintain membership in the CFPC or equivalent to those requirements.
· Participate in physician meetings and appropriate team meetings
· Comply with the policies and procedures of the Department of Family Practice
· Comply with the provisions of the Hospital Act, the Regional Health Authorities Act, Medical Services Payment Act and their regulations.
· Comply with the Health Authority bylaws, rules and regulations and policies and procedures.
· Follow the Code of Ethics of College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick
Remuneration will be a daily salaried rate and/or fee for services billings submitted directly to New Brunswick Medicare or a combination thereof, depending on specialty, qualifications and licensure by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick.
- Moving Expense Allowance
EXPECTED START DATE:
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
Situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples, Fredericton is surrounded by the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river. Fredericton is a vibrant, culturally diverse city where you can enjoy the amenities of a large city and the charm of a small town. Fredericton is where nature lovers and urban go getters come together with year-round recreational opportunities. Whether that is playing a round of golf on one of the 7 golf courses, walking, running or biking within our 140 KM multiuse trail system, playing tennis in our indoor or outdoor courts, skiing and snowboarding at Crabbe Mountain or visiting the beautiful Art Galleries including the world renown Beaverbrook Art Gallery, taking in live theatre at the Playhouse, being entertained by numerous festivals such as the New Brunswick Summer Music Festival and the Harvest Music Festival, Frostival in the winter months. Fredericton truly captures it all.
You can afford to live downtown or in forested rural communities and enjoy only a 15-minute commute, making it easy to enjoy a balanced lifestyle. Rated Canada’s 2nd best city to live in, it is no surprise the friendly, nature-infused community has played a significant role in attracting a team-oriented group of innovated physicians and health care workers.
· Must hold a valid license to practice medicine in the Province of New Brunswick
· Must be a member in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick.
· Must have current malpractice insurance from the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) appropriate to the category of practice.
· CCFP certification preferred.
· Certified in BCLS (Basic cardiac life support) and ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Sup)ort(, preferred.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
· Good attendance and work record.
· Physically able to perform assign duties.
** Horizon Health Network adheres to all privacy legislation and policies to ensure confidential patient, business, financial and employee information is disclosed only to those authorized to receive it for the purpose of fulfilling their job duties. **.
Applicants are invited to forward their CV along with three references to Molly Pevlin, Physician Recruitment Advisor at Molly.Pevlin@HorizonNB.ca