Horizon Health Network, Saint John area (Region 2), is actively seeking GP Psychiatry Support. As a General Practitioner, the successful candidate will deliver inpatient services to psychiatry patients at the Saint John Regional Hospital. The General Practitioner will be responsible to the Department Head of Psychiatry for professional matters and scope of practice.
Horizon has an annual budget of approximately $1.1 billion and has more than 12,600 employees, 1,100 physicians and 5,200 volunteers, auxiliary and alumnae members, as well as 17 foundations and 18 auxiliary and alumnae organizations. Horizon ensures representation from urban and rural areas through a 15-member Board that consists of 7 appointed and 8 elected members of the public.
HOURS OF WORK:
· Shifts are 7.5 hours per day, Monday through Friday to be provided between the hours of 8am-5pm.
These responsibilities are basic. Additional duties may be assigned from time to time as may be necessary to the operation of Horizon Health Network:
· Review labs and other reports and write prescriptions.
· Responsible for dictating and signing off on their report and discharge summaries.
· Complete forms and necessary written referrals as needed.
· Participate in ward collaborative care rounds.
· Participate in the use of departmental and corporate evidence-based rules of practice to ensure that expected standards of care are achieved.
· Participate in medical practice that is compatible with the Health Authority’s mission, values and strategic directions.
· Other duties that may arise by circumstance and may be assigned by the Department Head of Psychiatry and the Chief of Staff.
· Comply with the policies and procedures of the Department of Family Medicine and the Psychiatry Service.
· Comply with the provisions of the Hospital Act, the Regional Health Authorities Act, the Medical Services Payment Act and their regulations.
· Comply with the Health Authority bylaws, rules and regulations and policies and procedures.
· Follow the code of ethics of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick and the Canadian Medical Association.
· Registration with New Brunswick Medicare.
Standard remuneration $142.80/hour sessional rate up to 25 hours/week.
EXPECTED START DATE:
· As soon as possible.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
A playground in Atlantic Canada surrounded by fresh waterways on one side and the ocean on the other.
With a community of Maritime and Acadian people whose rich friendly culture will include you.
To a community where families are able to raise their children in a safe, close-knit environment with a reasonable cost of living.
The Saint John area offers you a broad range of affordable housing options, from heritage properties to executive homes within the city and in nearby Kennebecasis Valley. Saint John, a booming harbor city is Canada's oldest incorporated city (1785) and home to the country's oldest museum and farmers' market. For spouses and families, there are excellent employment and educational prospects. The nearby towns and villages, such as St. Stephen, Sussex, and Grand Manan, provide a diverse selection of recreational and sport activities that appeal to all age groups.
- A medical degree is required.
- Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick
- Member in good standing with the New Brunswick Medical Society.
- Active membership in the Canadian Medical Protective Association or equivalent liability insurance association.
- Verification of good standing within the College of Family Physicians of Canada.
§ Excellent communication, interpersonal and team building skills.
§ Good attendance and work record.
§ Physically able to perform assigned duties.
Applicants are invited to visit www.NBHealthJobs.ca