Looking for a great opportunity in Atlantic Canada? A 12-month rheumatology locum will be available July 2022 to July 2023 in a busy hospital practice. You would be joining a group of three (3) rheumatologists, a rheumatology nurse, an MSK physiotherapist and an occupational therapist. Clinical and administrative support is provided for this full time, salaried locum.
You would be participating in outpatient Rheumatology clinics and weekday inpatient consults. You will also provide support to the Internal Medicine Teaching Unit as well as the Medicine afterhours call coverage.
There are many medical education opportunities. Learners, including medical students and medical residents, regularly rotate through our division. The Saint John Regional Hospital is a satellite of Dalhousie University’s medical school. We have abundant opportunities to be involved in formal undergraduate and postgraduate medical training.
The division of Rheumatology is actively involved in research trials and registries. There is funding support should you wish to pursue research while with us.
Horizon has an annual budget of approximately $1.1 billion and has more than 12,600 employees, 1,100 physicians and 5,200 volunteers, auxiliary and alumnae members, as well as 17 foundations and 18 auxiliary and alumnae organizations. Horizon ensures representation from urban and rural areas through a 15-member Board that consists of 7 appointed and 8 elected members of the public.
Horizon Health Network's strategic vision focuses on research, innovation and education. The Saint John Regional Hospital is a tertiary care hospital associated with Dalhousie University. Tertiary care medical and allied health departments fully support the division of Rheumatology in the management of inflammatory arthritis, connective tissue diseases and vasculitis.
HOURS OF WORK:
- Hours of work are normally provided between 0830hrs – 1630hrs Monday to Friday, unless otherwise agreed upon by the Service/Department Head.
- After-hours and weekend call coverage in coordination with members of the Department.
These responsibilities are basic. Additional duties may be assigned from time to time as may be necessary to the operation of Horizon Health Network:
· Ensure adequate coverage for your patients during time of absence.
· Participate in on-call and other responsibilities as defined by your department.
· Participate in medical practice that is compatible with the Health Authority’s mission, values, and strategic directions.
This is a Salaried position, remuneration is based on the New Brunswick Medical Pay Plan. The current rates range between $241,748 to a maximum of $293,904 annually (excluding benefits and source deductions) based on qualifications and experience. On call remuneration is Fee-For-Service which is a direct compensation between the physician and Medicare New Brunswick.
EXPECTED START DATE:
· July 2022
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
A playground in Atlantic Canada surrounded by fresh waterways on one side and the ocean on the other.
With a community of Maritime and Acadian people whose rich friendly culture will include you.
To a community where families are able to raise their children in a safe, close-knit environment with a reasonable cost of living.
The Saint John area offers you a broad range of affordable housing options, from heritage properties to executive homes within the city and in nearby Kennebecasis Valley. Saint John, a booming harbour city is Canada's oldest incorporated city (1785) and home to the country's oldest museum and farmers' market. For spouses and families, there are excellent employment and educational prospects. The nearby towns and villages, such as St. Stephen, Sussex, and Grand Manan, provide a diverse selection of recreational and sport activities that appeal to all age groups.
- A medical degree is required.
- Certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada as Specialist in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
- Candidates must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick.
- Proficiency in English is required. Bilingual skills would be considered an asset.
- In accordance with immigration requirements, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada.
- Candidates are responsibility to provide adequate medical liability insurance.
- Good attendance and work record.
- Physically able to perform assign duties.
Applicants are invited to visit www.NBHealthJobs.ca