Horizon Health Network, Sackville Area, is recruiting family practitioners to join the medical staff at the Sackville Memorial Hospital. Hospital responsibilities include care of inpatients. Excellent specialty backup arrangements are available. Shifts in the ER are available if interested.
The Sackville Memorial Hospital is an acute care community hospital located in the Town of Sackville and provides services to the population of Sackville, Dorchester, Port Elgin and surrounding areas, including the thriving student population of Mount Allison University. Sackville Memorial Hospital provides temporarily reduced hours of 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. 7 days a week and has 21 family practice beds. Other services provided at the hospital include ambulatory care, dietician and diabetic education, diagnostic imaging, family medicine, laboratory, palliative care, rehabilitation, speech language pathology, physiotherapy, occupational therapy and a day surgery program.
Horizon Health Network, www.horizonnb.ca, is one of the largest health-care organizations in Atlantic Canada, operating 12 hospitals and more than 100 medical facilities, clinics and offices providing medical services ranging from acute care to community based health services to New Brunswick, northern Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. With 1,000 physicians, an annual budget exceeding $1 billion and approximately 13,000 employees, Horizon Health Network’s strategic vision focuses on research, innovation and education.
- Community family practice
- Inpatient hospital care
Remuneration may be fee-for-service (FFS) or salaried. Fee-for-service is a direct compensation between the physician and Medicare of New Brunswick. No source deductions can be provided. A salaried model ranges between a minimum of $192,244 to a maximum of $209,846 annually (excluding benefits and source deductions) based on qualifications and experience. There is an on-call stipend and any work done on call is remunerated FFS. Hospitalist care is remunerated with an hourly sessional rate.
- Moving expenses as per the provincial policy
- $100,000 incentives for family physicians in a rural area (based on criteria updated regularly and approved by the Department of Health) with a 4-year return-of-service.
- Opportunity to teach with the Family Medicine Residency Training Program with faculty appointment with Dalhousie Medical School, https://medicine.dal.ca/
EXPECTED START DATE:
As soon as possible.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
Sackville is a town in southeastern New Brunswick, Canada, and is home to Mount Allison University. The town is a vibrant and friendly university town of 5,558. There is great cycling, cross country skiing, theatre, music and more. Visit the Town of Sackville at Explore Sackville and Atlantic Canada.
- Must hold a valid license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick.
- Must be a member in good standing with the College of Family Physicians of Canada.
- Must be a licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada (LMCC).
- Must have a current malpractice insurance from the Canadian Medical Protective Association appropriate to the category of practice.
- Must be eligible for membership in the Department of Family Medicine.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Excellent attendance and work record.