Horizon Health Network, Miramichi area (Region 7), is actively seeking a permanent full-time Cardiologist. The successful applicant will join a team of six internists in a well-established program of regional clinical care. The core responsibilities of this position are a comprehensive full-time community-based practice in cardiology providing inpatient, and outpatient consultative services as well as participation in the on-call rotation for ICU coverage.
Cardiologists are encouraged to be involved in the teaching program affiliated with Dalhousie University Medical School and Memorial University Medical School postgraduate program and teaching in the undergraduate program at Dalhousie Medicine New Brunswick. Information regarding faculty appointments is available upon request. Physicians are also encouraged to be part of the research program.
Horizon Health Network is the largest health-care organization in Atlantic Canada, operating 12 hospitals and more than 100 medical facilities, clinics and offices providing medical services ranging from acute care to community-based health services to New Brunswick, northern Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. With 1,000 physicians, an annual budget exceeding $1 billion and approximately 13,000 employees, Horizon Health Network’s strategic vision focuses on research, innovation and education.
The Miramichi Regional Hospital is a 161-bed hospital with a full range of primary care and specialty services. The medical staff of about 75 members includes primary care physicians, surgeons, internists, anesthetists, pediatricians, pathologists, urologists and other specialties.
For more information, visit the Horizon Health Network website at www.horizonnb.ca
These responsibilities are basic. Additional duties may be assigned from time to time as may be necessary to the operation of Horizon Health Network:
- Provide an outpatient service for the assessment and management of both new and follow-up patients
- Provide inpatient care including daily rounds on patients and any ICU consults
- Provide consultations to hospital-based patients
- Involvement in teaching residents and medical students
- Participate in medical practice that is compatible with the Health Authority’s mission, values and strategic directions.
Standard remuneration is Fee-for-Service which is a direct compensation between the physician and Medicare of New Brunswick. On call remuneration is provided. No source deductions can be provided.
The Horizon Health Authority offers relocation assistance up to $8000. The New Brunswick Medical Society offers a retention program and generous CMPA and CME reimbursements.
The government of New Brunswick currently offers a rural recruitment incentive to those who meet the eligibility criteria. Incentives are reviewed annually.
EXPECTED START DATE:
As soon as possible.
- A medical degree is required.
- Certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada as Specialist in Cardiology, or equivalent.
- Candidates must be eligible for an unsupervised licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick.
- Proficiency in English is required. Bilingual skills would be considered an asset.
- In accordance with immigration requirements, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Good attendance and work record.
- Physically able to perform assign duties.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
The city of Miramichi is a friendly, warm community located along the Miramichi river in Northeastern New Brunswick. It offers very affordable housing and cost of living, while meeting all of your day-to-day needs. There are many homes within a 15-minute commute to the hospital, with excellent, safe neighbourhoods.
Miramichi boasts excellent outdoor opportunities including boating, golfing and world class fishing. We have well-maintained trails for hiking, biking, ATVing and snowmobiling. Many festivals are offered throughout the year and there are plenty of community and recreation programs for children and adults. For more information, visit https://www.discovermiramichi.com/.
For more information or to apply, please contact:
Debbie Donovan, Physician Recruitment Advisor: debbie.donovan@HorizonNB.ca
Phone: (506) 623-3327