THE POSITION: Sleep Medicine Position
Horizon Health Network, Saint John area (Region 2), is actively seeking a permanent, full-time salaried Sleep Medicine specialist. The physician shall provide both outpatient and inpatient services under the auspices of the Medical Specialties Program and participate in the on-call rota of the Department of Medicine or the department of primary appointment at the Saint John Regional Hospital. The successful candidate will provide clinical and administrative leadership within a multidisciplinary team focused on supporting individuals with sleep disorders.
Teaching of medical students, residents and family medicine residents is an integral part of this position. Experience teaching in an academic setting would be of benefit. Academic appointment at Dalhousie and Memorial Universities is available.
Saint John has a state-of-the-art sleep lab and well-trained motivated staff. This position would be a maximum of 0.8 FTE sleep medicine and the remainder the specialty of the candidate.
Horizon has an annual budget of approximately $1.1 billion and has more than 12,600 employees, 1,100 physicians and 5,200 volunteers, auxiliary and alumnae members, as well as 17 foundations and 18 auxiliary and alumnae organizations. Horizon ensures representation from urban and rural areas through a 15-member Board that consists of 7 appointed and 8 elected members of the public.
HOURS OF WORK:
- Hours of work are normally provided between 0830hrs – 1630hrs Monday to Friday, unless otherwise agreed upon by the Service/Department Head.
- After-hours and weekend call coverage in coordination with members of the Department.
These responsibilities are basic. Additional duties may be assigned from time to time as may be necessary to the operation of Horizon Health Network:
- Ensure adequate coverage for your patients during time of absence.
- Participate in on-call responsibilities as defined by your department.
- Participate in medical practice that is compatible with the Health Authority’s mission, values, and strategic directions.
Salaried: Remuneration is based on the New Brunswick Medical Pay Plan. The current rates range between $241,748 to a maximum of $293,904 annually (excluding benefits and source deductions) based on qualifications and experience. On call remuneration is Fee-for-Service which is a direct compensation between the physician and Medicare New Brunswick
- Moving Expense Allowance with a Return of Service Agreement.
EXPECTED START DATE:
As soon as possible
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
A playground in Atlantic Canada surrounded by fresh waterways on one side and the ocean on the other.
With a community of Maritime and Acadian people whose rich friendly culture will include you.
To a community where families are able to raise their children in a safe, close-knit environment with a reasonable cost of living.
The Saint John area offers you a broad range of affordable housing options, from heritage properties to executive homes within the city and in nearby Kennebecasis Valley. Saint John, a booming harbour city is Canada's oldest incorporated city (1785) and home to the country's oldest museum and farmers' market. For spouses and families, there are excellent employment and educational prospects. The nearby towns and villages, such as St. Stephen, Sussex, and Grand Manan, provide a diverse selection of recreational and sport activities that appeal to all age groups.
- A medical degree is required.
- Certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, or equivalent qualifications will be considered.
- Experience in pediatric sleep disorders would be considered an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick.
- Proficiency in English is required. Bilingual skills would be considered an asset.
- In accordance with immigration requirements, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Good attendance and work record.
- Physically able to perform assigned duties.
Applicants are invited to visit www.NBHealthJobs.ca