Miramichi Family Medicine Physicians
Start Date: available immediately.
Interested candidates can arrange a site visit with transportation and accommodation arranged.
The Miramichi Family Medicine Department is actively seeking family medicine physicians to take over an existing practice or establish a new one. Applicants are also eligible to participate in the Family Medicine New Brunswick (FMNB) group practice model.
- FMNB affiliated physicians work within a group of local physicians and receive a blended payment model based on capitation and fee for service. Minimum guarantee for the first year of practice of $175 000/year. EMR support is provided at no cost. Office overhead support is provided at $5000/year. Office management support is also offered in the first year of practice.
- Physicians working outside the FMNB model are paid on a fee for service basis.
- On call remuneration is provided.
- The government of New Brunswick currently offers a rural recruitment incentive of $80,000 for a 4-year return of service for eligible candidates.
- The Horizon Health Authority offers a relocation incentive of up to $8,000.
- The New Brunswick Medical Society offers a retention program and generous CMPA and CME reimbursements.
- Teaching experiences with medical students (longitudinal integrated clerkship site) and residents (Family medicine/emergency medicine residency program rural site)
- Assistance with attaining faculty appointments with the Department of Family Medicine at both Dalhousie and Memorial University
- Opportunities to do Hospital inpatient care, Emergency shifts, Surgical assists, GP oncology clinics, Palliative care, Addiction medicine, Prison medicine, First Nations health clinics, Dermatology procedures and other special interests.
The Miramichi Regional Hospital is a 161-bed hospital with a full range of primary care and specialty services, including: family medicine, general and orthopedic surgery, internal medicine and intensive care, psychiatry, urology, obstetrics and gynecology, ophthalmology, pediatrics, anesthesia, radiology, and pathology.
About the Community:
The City of Miramichi is a friendly, warm community located along the Miramichi River in northeastern New Brunswick. It offers very affordable housing and cost of living while meeting all your day-to-day needs. Most homes are within a 15-minute commute to the hospital, with family friendly, safe neighbourhoods.
Miramichi boasts excellent outdoor opportunities including boating, golfing, and world-class fishing. There are well-maintained trails for hiking, biking, ATV’ing and snowmobiling. Many festivals are offered throughout the year and there are plenty of community and recreation programs for children and adults.
For more information, visit https://www.discovermiramichi.com/.
- A medical degree is required.
- Certification with the College of Family Physicians of Canada is preferred. Consideration will be given to other university medical school qualifications and training.
- Eligible for unsupervised licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick
- Proficiency in English; bilingual skills would be considered an asset.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills
- Good attendance and work record
For more information or to apply, please contact:
Debbie Donovan, Physician Recruitment Advisor: Debbie.donovan@Horizonnb.ca
Phone: 506 623-3327
Dr. Roxanne MacKnight, Clinical Department Head of Family Medicine