The Moncton Hospital is currently recruiting a neonatologist to maintain its current complement of two neonatologists and eight pediatricians. Care includes conventional ventilation support to babies to 24 weeks, nitric oxide (NO), as well as high frequency oscillation (HFO). Targeted neonatal echocardiography (TNE) is also available and expertise in same will be welcome. NICU coverage is also provided by 5 of the pediatricians, and rota will be 1 in 6. NICU is a recognized tertiary care service in the Province of New Brunswick. The Moncton Hospital is a regional referral centre and teaching hospital; with 3500 deliveries per year in our referral region; 18 bed NICU; 20 bed Pediatric Unit; 3 bed PICU.
Horizon Health Network, www.horizonnb.ca, is one of the largest health-care organizations in Atlantic Canada, operating 12 hospitals and more than 100 medical facilities, clinics and offices providing medical services ranging from acute care to community based health services to New Brunswick, northern Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. With 1,000 physicians, an annual budget exceeding $1 billion and approximately 13,000 employees, Horizon Health Network’s strategic vision focuses on research, innovation and education.
The Moncton Hospital is a 386-bed, tertiary and critical care facility within Horizon Health Network. It is a major referral hospital serving communities across New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and northern Nova Scotia. It is a level II Trauma Centre which offers tertiary services in neurosurgery, oncology and neonatal care and includes all other major services and subspecialties. The Department of Family Medicine admits patients not requiring obstetrics, surgery intensive care or acute psychiatric care. The scope of practice includes pediatrics, general medicine and geriatrics with consultant support.
The Moncton Hospital offers excellent opportunities for teaching and clinical research and has academic affiliation with Dalhousie University. The hospital is one of the largest employers within metro Moncton, employing 3,000 staff and physicians.
A typical weekly schedule will include:
- On-call coverage in coordination with other members of the Department
- Daily inpatient rounds
- Inpatient consultations
- Hospital-based clinics
- Office hours
- Involvement in teaching residents and medical students
- NCIC affiliated and opportunities exist for research
A salaried model of remuneration is available. This may range between a minimum of $230,074 to a maximum of $279,682 annually (excluding benefits and source deductions) based on qualifications and experience. Locums receive 10% in lieu of benefits. On call remuneration is fee-for-service.
- Moving expenses as per the provincial policy
- Recruitment incentives as eligible and approved by the Department of Health for specialties in an urban area
- Opportunity to teach with the Family Medicine Residency Training Program with faculty appointment with Dalhousie Medical School, https://medicine.dal.ca/
EXPECTED START DATE:
As soon as possible.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
The city, with adjoining municipalities, has a population of more than 144,000, and was ranked as one of the best Canadian cities for quality of community life. There is an abundance of educational, cultural and recreational opportunities including easy access to warm water beaches of the Northumberland Strait, and also the scenic Bay of Fundy area. Visit the City’s website at www.moncton.ca.
- The Department of Pediatrics, including the Neonatology Division, requires that its members have passed the examination of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or the examination of le Collège des médecins du Québec. In circumstances where no Canadian trained applicants are available, the Department might consider physicians with American Board certification who are able to obtain licensure in the State of Maine, as well as Irish or UK certified physicians (MRCP/MRCPI). In special circumstances, foreign graduates who qualify for licensure in the Province of New Brunswick might be considered.
- Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick. https://www.cpsnb.org/