The Moncton Hospital is looking for a Neuropathologist to begin work as soon as possible. The successful candidate will join a congenial group of laboratory physicians consisting of eight anatomical pathologists, a medical biochemist, one hematopathologist and a microbiologist. We cover a full spectrum of anatomic pathology, cytology and hematopathology cases in addition to having a very active service in chemistry and microbiology and have a new state of the art lab facility.
Horizon Health Network, www.horizonnb.ca, is one of the largest health-care organizations in Atlantic Canada, operating 12 hospitals and more than 100 medical facilities, clinics and offices providing medical services ranging from acute care to community based health services to New Brunswick, northern Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. With 1,000 physicians, an annual budget exceeding $1 billion and approximately 13,000 employees, Horizon Health Network’s strategic vision focuses on research, innovation and education.
The Moncton Hospital is a 386-bed, tertiary and critical care facility within Horizon Health Network. It is a major referral hospital serving communities across New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and northern Nova Scotia. It is a level II Trauma Centre which offers tertiary services in neurosurgery, oncology and neonatal care and includes all other major services and subspecialties. The Department of Family Medicine admits patients not requiring obstetrics, surgery intensive care or acute psychiatric care. The scope of practice includes pediatrics, general medicine and geriatrics with consultant support.
The Moncton Hospital offers excellent opportunities for teaching and clinical research and has academic affiliation with Dalhousie University. The hospital is one of the largest employers within metro Moncton, employing 3,000 staff and physicians.
HOURS OF WORK
• Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
A typical weekly schedule will include:
- Neuropathology services
A salaried model of remuneration is provided, excluding benefits and source deductions:
- Fully certified specialist, as determined by the New Brunswick College of Physicians and Surgeons, is a minimum of $309,996 annually (excluding benefits and source deductions) based on qualifications and experience with an increase after one year of satisfactory service.
- Non-certified specialist, as determined by the New Brunswick College of Physicians and Surgeons, is a minimum $281,840 annually (excluding benefits and source deductions) based on qualifications and experience with an increase after one year of satisfactory service.
- On call remuneration is fee for service and in addition to the amount listed above.
These rates are based on New Brunswick’s Medicare Medical Pay Plan and are subject to changes based on policy updates.
- Moving Expense Allowance
- 20 paid vacation days/year
- 10 paid education days/year
- Opportunity to teach with faculty appointments available with Dalhousie Medical School (https://medicine.dal.ca/) and Memorial University of Newfoundland (www.med.mun.ca).
EXPECTED START DATE:
As soon as possible.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
The city, with adjoining municipalities, has a population of more than 144,000, and was ranked as one of the best Canadian cities for quality of community life. There is an abundance of educational, cultural and recreational opportunities including easy access to warm water beaches of the Northumberland Strait, and also the scenic Bay of Fundy area. Visit the City’s website at www.moncton.ca. On top of these benefits, Moncton residents take advantage of one of the lowest cost of living environments in the country and commute to work times are among the shortest in Canada.
- The Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine requires certification or fellowship in Pathology of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, or eligibility to write the examination for Fellowship in Pathology, membership of the Royal College of Pathologists (England and Ireland), certification of the American Board of Pathology, certification by la Corporation professionnelle des médecins du Québec.
- Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick. https://www.cpsnb.org/