THE POSITION: Anatomic Pathologist
Horizon Health Network, Saint John area (Region 2), is actively seeking a full-time Anatomical Pathologist in the Department of Laboratory Medicine at the Saint John Regional Hospital. Applications for Locum Tenens will also be considered.
The successful candidate will have 3-5 years of post training work experience. Additional expertise in a subspecialty is desirable. Expertise in Dermatopathology would be preferred.
Horizon has an annual budget of approximately $1.1 billion and has more than 12,600 employees, 1,100 physicians and 5,200 volunteers, auxiliary and alumnae members, as well as 17 foundations and 18 auxiliary and alumnae organizations. Horizon ensures representation from urban and rural areas through a 15-member Board that consists of 7 appointed and 8 elected members of the public.
HOURS OF WORK:
- Hours of work are normally provided between 0830hrs – 1630hrs Monday to Friday, unless otherwise agreed upon by the Service/Department Head.
- After-hours and weekend call coverage in coordination with members of the Department.
These responsibilities are basic. Additional duties may be assigned from time to time as may be necessary to the operation of Horizon Health Network:
· Provide expert advice and consultative services to physicians and other healthcare professionals on the choice, methods, and interpretation of molecular pathology tests and their use in the diagnosis of medical disorders.
· Periodically assess scope of current services in context of emerging standards of care.
· Participate in quality assurance exercises for divisions of anatomic pathology, Hematopathology and molecular pathology.
· Provide on-call services during statutory holidays, evenings and weekends as part of the on-call schedule for the Department. Participate in medical practice that is compatible with the Health Authority’s mission, values and strategic directions.
This is a salaried position, remuneration is based on the New Brunswick Medical Pay Plan. The current rates range between $281,841 (22.5% Market Adjustment included) to a maximum of $342,610 (22.5% Market Adjustment included) annually (locums receive 10% of the base salary in lieu of benefits) based on qualifications and experience.
On call remuneration is Fee-For-Service which is a direct compensation between the physician and Medicare New Brunswick.
Moving Expense Allowance. (Locums not eligible.)
EXPECTED START DATE:
§ As soon as possible.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
A playground in Atlantic Canada surrounded by fresh waterways on one side and the ocean on the other.
With a community of Maritime and Acadian people whose rich friendly culture will include you.
To a community where families are able to raise their children in a safe, close-knit environment with a reasonable cost of living.
The Saint John area offers you a broad range of affordable housing options, from heritage properties to executive homes within the city and in nearby Kennebecasis Valley. Saint John, a booming harbour city is Canada's oldest incorporated city (1785) and home to the country's oldest museum and farmers' market. For spouses and families, there are excellent employment and educational prospects. The nearby towns and villages, such as St. Stephen, Sussex, and Grand Manan, provide a diverse selection of recreational and sport activities that appeal to all age groups.
§ Medical Degree is required.
§ Certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in Anatomical pathology, equivalent qualifications will be considered.
§ Formal training in Molecular Pathology and /or Dermatopathology is desirable.
§ Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick.
§ Must be a member in good standing with the and the New Brunswick Medical Society.
§ Must have current malpractice insurance from the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) appropriate to the category of practice.
§ Proficiency in English is required. Bilingual skills would be considered an asset. In accordance with immigration requirements, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada.
§ Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
§ Good attendance and work record.
§ Physically able to perform assigned duties.
· Applicants are invited to send their CV to Hope Kelly, Physician Recruitment Advisor – Saint John, via email: Hope.Kelly@HorizonNB.ca