Locum Family Practice Opportunity
The fee for practice locum has approximately 1000 patients with a cross section of age groups from newborns to geriatrics. There is one receptionist, a personal office and 2 exam rooms. There is a pharmacy connected to the office space as well.
On-call coverage is required and is coordinated among a group of seven physicians.
Horizon Health Network, www.horizonnb.ca, is one of the largest health-care organizations in Atlantic Canada, operating 12 hospitals and more than 100 medical facilities, clinics and offices providing medical services ranging from acute care to community based health services to New Brunswick, northern Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. With 1,000 physicians, an annual budget exceeding $1 billion and approximately 13,000 employees, Horizon Health Network’s strategic vision focuses on research, innovation and education.
The Moncton Hospital is a 386-bed, tertiary and critical care facility within Horizon Health Network. It is a major referral hospital serving communities across New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and northern Nova Scotia. It is a level II Trauma Centre which offers tertiary services in neurosurgery, oncology and neonatal care and includes all other major services and subspecialties. The Department of Family Medicine admits patients not requiring obstetrics, surgery intensive care or acute psychiatric care. The scope of practice includes pediatrics, general medicine and geriatrics with consultant support.
The Moncton Hospital offers excellent opportunities for teaching and clinical research and has academic affiliation with Dalhousie University. The hospital is one of the largest employers within metro Moncton, employing 3,000 staff and physicians.
- Office hours Monday to Friday
- Inpatient hospital care, hospitalist model 1 week every 7 weeks
- On-call coverage coordinated with the group of family physicians
With approval from the Department of Health of New Brunswick, a salaried model may be available. This is based on qualifications and experience. Salaried locums receive 10% in lieu of benefits. On call remuneration is fee for service.
- Office and administrative assistant is provided.
- Opportunity to teach with the Family Medicine Residency Training Program with faculty appointment with Dalhousie Medical School, https://medicine.dal.ca/
June 1 to December 31, 2020
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
The Town of Riverview (www.townofriverview.ca) is part of Greater Moncton. The City of Moncton, with adjoining municipalities, has a population of more than 144,000, and was ranked as one of the best Canadian cities for quality of community life. There is an abundance of educational, cultural and recreational opportunities including easy access to warm water beaches of the Northumberland Strait, and also the scenic Bay of Fundy area. Visit the City’s website at www.moncton.ca.
- Must hold a valid license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick.
- Must be a member in good standing with the College of Family Physicians of Canada.
- Must be a licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada (LMCC).
- Must have a current malpractice insurance from the Canadian Medical Protective Association appropriate to the category of practice.
- Must be eligible for membership in the Department of Family Medicine.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Excellent attendance and work record.