The Dr. Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre in Moncton, New Brunswick is seeking to recruit 4 full-time Anesthesiologist. The DGLDUHC is a center of trauma, level 3 and a training center in Medicine affiliated with the University of Sherbrooke.
On top of the OR time, the successful candidate will participate in the on-call schedule and the preoperative anesthesia clinic. The actual OR has 6 surgery suits. A new OR is actually being built. The opening is expected in 2020/2021 and will have a total of 9 surgery suit. Most type of surgeries specialties are being done at this facility except Cardiac and neurosurgeries. In addition to providing anesthesiology services, the candidate will be expected to participate in teaching medical students and residents.
Overview Dr. Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre - The Dr. Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre (DGLDUHC), located in the heart of the City of Moncton, is the lead facility of the Beauséjour Zone (Kent and Southeastern New Brunswick region) of Vitalité Health Network. This 302-bed hospital provides primary, specialized, and tertiary (more complex) care using cutting-edge technology. It has more than 240 doctors, 2 000 employees and 315 volunteers. It offers services in the two official languages. The DGLDUHC serves patients from New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, and Nova Scotia. The DGLDUHC is a provincial referral centre for its highly specialized services. As a teaching and research hospital, it maintains close ties with a number of the country’s universities and colleges.
Overview of the regional health authority – Vitalité Health Network is one of the two regional health authorities in New Brunswick. The Network is the only Francophone managed organization of its kind in the country and provides services in nearly 70 sites and points of service throughout four health zones, covering all of the northern region and part of the southeastern region of the province. Services and care are provided in the official language chosen by the patient and are available at home, in the community, or in a facility, according to needs. The range of services includes disease prevention and health promotion, treatment of illness, rehabilitation, home care, and palliative care. Additional services provided by hospital facilities include public health, community mental health, addiction, community health centres, the Extra-Mural Program, and veterans' centres. The Network is also active in the training and research fields, which helps to keep the staff’s skills up to date and plan for succession. For more information, visit the Network’s website at www.vitalitenb.ca.
HOURS OF WORK :
• According to the agreement determined by the Service/Department Head
• After-hours and weekend calls are shared among all members of the Department.
This is professional medical work performed by certified specialists (those with a specialty certification as recognized by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of NB). Duties are performed with considerable clinical independence in the diagnosis, care and treatment of medical disorders within the scope of the specialty in which they are practicing. Clinical care and performance may be subject to supervision and assessment by the physician’s Clinical Department/Division/Service Head and/or Program Director in which the physicians works. Review of clinical work may also be supervised by the Local and/or Regional Chiefs of Staff and the Zone’s Medical Director for the Regional Health Authority (RHA). The physician works in accordance with RHA Bylaws and policies
Standard remuneration is Fee-for-Service which is a direct compensation between the physician and Medicare of New Brunswick. On call remuneration is provided. No source deductions can be provided.
• The candidate must have his certification from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada certification (FRCPC)
• Graduate from an approved school of medicine supplemented by post-graduate study in the area of specialization (Anesthesia)
• The candidate must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick. https://www.cpsnb.org/
• Knowledge of French and English, spoken and written, are necessary
EXPECTED START DATE:
As soon as possible
• Possibility of a location grant. Eligibility to be determined by the Department of Health (return of service required)
• Moving Expense Allowance (return of service required)
• Opportunity to teach with the “Programme de formation en médecine de famille francophone” with faculty appointment affiliated with the “Université of Sherbrooke” www.umoncton.ca Thanks to send your resume to :firstname.lastname@example.org