Family Medicine - Sackville
Horizon Health Network, Zone 1 Moncton, is recruiting a family practitioner to join the medical staff at the Sackville Memorial Hospital. Hospital responsibilities include regular emergency shifts (1 in 9) and care of in-patients. Excellent specialty backup arrangements are available.
Horizon Health Network, www.horizonnb.ca, is the largest health-care organization in Atlantic Canada, operating 12 hospitals and more than 100 medical facilities, clinics and offices providing medical services ranging from acute care to community based health services to New Brunswick, northern Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. With 1,000 physicians, an annual budget exceeding $1 billion and approximately 13,000 employees, Horizon Health Network’s strategic vision focuses on research, innovation and education.
The Sackville Memorial Hospital is an acute care community hospital located in the Town of Sackville and provides services to the population of Sackville, Dorchester, Port Elgin and surrounding areas, including the thriving student population of Mount Allison University. Sackville Memorial Hospital provides 24/7 emergency services and has 21 family practice beds. Other services provided at the hospital include ambulatory care, dietician and diabetic education, diagnostic imaging, family medicine, laboratory, palliative care, rehabilitation, speech language pathology, physiotherapy, occupational therapy and a day surgery program.
HOURS OF WORK
• Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• On-call coverage in coordination with the other members of the department
A typical weekly schedule will include:
• Regular emergency shifts (1 in 9)
• Daily inpatient rounds
• Office hours
• Involvement in teaching residents and medical students
Office work is remunerated on a fee for service basis. ER work is primarily sessional paid with some stipend and fee-for-service components. Fee-for-service is a direct compensation between the physician and Medicare of New Brunswick. No source deductions can be provided.
• Possible Location Grant
• Moving Expense Allowance
• Opportunity to teach with the Family Medicine Residency Training Program with faculty appointment with Dalhousie Medical School, https://medicine.dal.ca/
• Funded Provincial Electronic based medical record system with links to local hospital, http://www.velante.com/en
EXPECTED START DATE:
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
Sackville is a town in southeastern New Brunswick, Canada, and is home to Mount Allison University. The town is a vibrant and friendly university town of 5,558. There is great cycling, cross country skiing, theatre, music and more. Visit the Town of Sackville at https://sackville.com.
• Members of the Department of Family Medicine must have one or more of the following qualifications: CCFP, ABFM (American Board of Family Medicine), Le Collège des médecins du Québec (Médecine familiale). In special circumstances, foreign graduates and other physicians who qualify for licensure in the Province of New Brunswick may be considered.
• Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick. https://www.cpsnb.org/